Thursday, October 16, 2008

Meh

Well, I got to spend some time playing last night -- not much though because most of my time was spent haggling with BarTender4 trying to get it to get all my bars in the right place.

Now that I have more skills to use, I had to set it up so that I have more keys to activate those skills. So now most of my skills (at least the ones that I use) occupy 1-6, SHIFT+1-6, z,x,c,v,b, and f and g on the kb. Crazy! And everytime I got it like I liked, I'd save. But when I saved, my bars moved all around again! Gr. hehe.

But anyway. I lost Starshards, which sort of sucks. I gained Devouring Plague in its place, but that costs mana, and takes 24 seconds to tic all the way out -- most fights don't last 24s when you're questing, so I don't think that's going to become that useful.

I really don't understand the way VT works now as far as giving back mana. Crazy. Imp SF (when faded) reduces spell pushback by 70% (almost entirely) which is nice for those PvP moments. I ended up getting buffed from just over 550 to about 630 spellpower. That's still weak and I need to work on getting that upped. Shouldn't be too difficult though with the spellpower changes.

Additionally, Mind Flay CRITS now. That's one of the most incredible changes in my opinion. MF Crits hit for about 950 dmg, and with around a 12% crit chance, that's about 1 MF crit every 3 MF's.

I put EVERY SINGLE ONE of my talent points into shadow, totally leaving out Imp PW:F (which I kinda wish I hadn't), Meditation (which isn't so needed anymore) and Inner Focus -- which I didn't use too much anyway.

Dispersion -- take 90% less damage, regen around 35% health and mana in 6 seconds -- proved to be quite nice. Between mana pots, 3m shadowfiend, and dispersion, i should never run out of mana. My DPS should theoretically get bumped on the longer fights, but it was sitting round about the same (500 or so) in my encounters in shadowmoon. I can't wait to get into an instance!

Anyway, that's it. :)

No comments: