Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New Server, New Patch, New Priest!

Well, if it hasn't been a long ass time since I posted. Things have chaaanged! My guild on my previous (very low pop) server has sort of disbanded. The two people there that I really cared to talk to both joined a different guild interested in raiding. Yeah, I'm interested in raiding, but got tired of the very low pop server.

In addition to that, a good friend of mine (that was also in that guild) transferred off server where a bunch of his other friends went. So! I followed him. Gorgonnash is the new one, and I'm in a guild with more 70's (even though they're more into the PvP aspect than I care to be), on a server with many more people.

I figured, since I was moving, I'd re-spec shadow again and gear up a bit before the coming expansion. That way, it'll make it easier for me to level up to 80 once Wrath comes out. I dropped Primal Mooncloth tailoring and picked up Shadoweave again (which I now realize that I probably shouldn't have done! gr. 150g out the window). Beyond that, I'm loving being shadow again!

Last night, the expansion (to 3.0.1?) came out with all new skills and talents! I respecced in my normal fashion -- took one of the "cookie cutter" builds (as much as they can be on the first day of a new patch) and tweaked it a little bit. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten that much of a chance to play since then. But I need to! I'm down to about zilch gold now that I've re-bought all the skills. Luckily, I can put a hiatus on gearing up, I think, and put on my Primal Mooncloth gear to DPS -- but how to make cash?

The one thing I've really noticed about this new server is that the horde is relentless on the Isle. That's where I do dailies because the're all so concentrated in a small area. I get ganked repeatedly everytime I'm over there. Being a shadowpriest, I was pretty gimped in the PvP area previously as well.. that, and I don't like it so much, so I don't play it that much. I may get more into BG's now that the new spec is out there though.

We'll see how it goes. :)

But, I'm very happy to be on a new server, and very excited to get to tinker with my new spec. :D L8z. More posts coming soon.

1 comment:

Majestiq said...

Also realized that I can't wear primal mooncloth gear since I specced frozen shadoweave -- so! Back to gearing.