Friday, April 18, 2008

Whippin up on the Evil Mage...

So I was working on leveling my tailoring up the other night and a guildmate that I hang out with a bit was playing his alt – a 22 mage. He was in the Redridge mountains and commented that it was tough to quest because a couple of horde kept killing him. I was in Stormwind, which is a single flightpoint away, so I figured I’d swing by and help him.

Got there and found a 48 pally bugging him. Mana burned the pally down, threw a couple of dots on him, and feared him away. He’d knocked me down to about 85% or so, but I didn’t think anything of it. Threw a mindblast at him and it finished him off.

Right about this time, I get the crap (about 1,700 health worth of it) knocked out of me by a frostbolt from the rear. Remember, I’m level 67, and I’ve got around 6,200h. Definitely not PvP specced at all. So that frostbolt hurt. I turn in time to see a mage casting again, and I did manage to get a silence off on him before he got it off. I tried a Mana Burn on him as well, but it didn’t take out much of his mana at all. He must have a ton. Well. He IS a mage. So I threw a mindblast, SW:P, starshards, and vamp embrace on him. Of course, he’s beatin on me again at this point. I shield and get a couple of flash heals off. But my mana’s about shot by this time. He got a couple more crits on me, I got another mind blast off, but I kicked the bucket. Damn. Pretty close too, he was at about 40%.

Release, run back to my body, and see that his pally buddy has JUST spawned, and they’re both sittin down for a drink. Right next to each other. Mmm, I couldn’t resist. I ressed, feared, and off they go. Mindblast, sw:p, Mindflay, mindflay, Mindblast and the mage is dead. Sweet. I just killed a 70! That’s an ego booster, regardless of how you look at it.

I got a starshards off on his pally buddy, but he shields up as he’s coming out of fear and starts healing. I pop a mana pot and wait it out. Once his shield goes down, he’s up to around 70% health, but just about out of mana. A mindblast and SW:D takes him down.

Sweet! I just killed a 70 mage AND a 48 pally. I sit down to drink and shadowmeld. My mage buddy has ressed by this time and is drinking up. The 70 and the 48 spawn back round about the same time, and the pally instantly goes after my friend, the 22 mage. I hop up and go at him again. Of course this draws the 70’s attention as well, but the 48 drops like a rock. I then immediately face off the 70 again. He’s at around 70/80% health and mana, and I’m pretty much full. Seems like it should be a close fight to me.

Nope. 15 seconds or so. He’s dead, I’m at 70% health and 30% mana or so. He was a terrible mage. I got off a couple more flash heals during the fight. Couldn’t he counterspell me or something?

Basically, I didn’t corpse camp them, but they spawned back and went after my 22 bud again about 3 more times. I killed them both 3 more times. A couple of those times, it was from full health. Both of them. It was awesome. Totally made my night. And I guess my next couple of days too, because I’m still thinking about it. Haha. Eventually, a 70 human rogue happened by too, and that scared scared them away. Neither my guildmate nor I heard anything else from them.

So yeah. Spriest PvP FTW! I’m pretty sure now I’m going to PvP more at 70. And not some heavy Disc, “I’m going to sit here and stay alive while you beat on me for 3 minutes” PvP, but some hardcore, “I’m gonna melt your face, please don’t hurt me” PvP.

Or, at least, that’s the goal. For now.

No comments: