Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ding, 68!

So I’ve hit 68 now. I’m actually about half way through 68 to 69 at this point. I guess I was slow writing up a post. L Sorry. I did a bunch more of the Nagrand quests (I’ve almost finished most of them) and spent some time grinding on the Ogres in the south-east of the zone. There’s a cave up there that’s rarely visited by anyone else on my server. There are mostly melee mobs (which are my bitches) up in there, so the grinding isn’t bad.

I also got a bunch of netherweave drops, which is mostly what I was going for trying to lvl tailoring as well. I probably ground out the last 175,000 exp of 67 to get to 68. But it was flying. I was averaging 105,000 – 110,000 experience per hour, topping the charts at around 120,000 or so for a little while. Just grinding. It was amazing. Until two (66 and 67) druids decided it would be fun to stalk the grinding priest. That ended that little adventure for the night. I managed to kill them a couple of times, but it just was no longer worth my time. So off to other things.

Next day though, I finished up the last 75k or so in the same spot.

This really made me curious about the grinding vs questing argument. 120k xp/h is amazing. Really amazing. But then I was questing the other day in Nagrand a bit more, doing a handful of quests around the big open field area off to the west side. They were kill xx yy mob quests, and collect xx of zz thing quests. Upon turning them in after about 40 minutes or so of play, my XP/h spiked to around 132k/h. So, it’s a tough call. It seems that both work well given ideal circumstances.

I enjoy questing more, but when I don’t know how long I’m going to be on, I’ll typically just grind for a little while. I guess that’s why I’m slow getting through Nagrand. Not that I mind – more quests left for lvl 70 that way. I was actually a bit worried about that since I started outland at 58, but definitely not a worry now. Cool Beans! Can’t wait for 70!!

No comments: