Tuesday, May 13, 2008

AV ROCKS

So, I decided that since I figured that I would PVP more than PvE once I hit 70, I should give it a shot. I sucked it up, picked up an AV quest or two in Shatt and talked to the battle master. “First Available, please.”

Less than 5 seconds, and *poof*. My first time EVER in AV. The match had already started and I was joining mid-way through. I had never been in Alterac Valley before (if you’ve never been, I highly recommend it – particularly at level 67-69 range). I’m in this cave with one exit, so I head on out. There’s fighting going on all around me.

Well, my “Healbot” addon is taking up my whole screen at this point, I’d never been in a 40-man raid group before. So, tweak that a bit and get that set back up and where I can see everyone.

Then off again. I mount up, ride around a corner, and immediately dismount. There’s a battle raging. I’d say 10-15 of my teammates are fighting off a party of some 20-25 horde. Looks like a no-win. But I throw in where I can – tossing heals around, dotting up the enemies, Mindblast à Shadow Word:Deathing when the cooldown is up. I got a good number of killing blows to keep my spirit tap procced as much as I could to try to keep my mana up. But definitely not like in PvE. I had to stop and drink several times. Skidaddle back around the corner where no one will see me, have some water, and back into the fray.

This battle raged for what seemed like ages, but was actually probably around 10 minutes. The BG ended and I checked my honor. I had something like 600 Honor Points for around 6-10 minutes of being in a battle ground. I only got about 4 killing blows. It was great.

So I started right back up in another game and played through, following the mass of people leaving the tunnel. I got a bit more of a feel for the BG this time, capturing towers, killing NPC’s, etc. There are a bunch of quests in there, so I picked some up, but wasn’t able to finish any. This one went on for about 30 minutes, and we actually won this one. Two Thousand Honor?! For 40 minutes of play. Amazing.

Maybe the PvP gear won’t be that hard to get after all. I don’t even have my first PvP trinket (Insignia of the Alliance) yet. That’s first on my list. Well, maybe I’ll hit 70 first. I asked a guildy about 70 AV and he said it was just about the same as the 60-69 bracket, if just a little more “intense.” I can handle that. I’m really looking forward to it now, it was a very good time. Maybe I could be a PvPer after all.

No comments: